Thursday, November 19, 2009

Breakfast Muffin Bonanza

A friend of mine just asked me to e-mail her this recipe, which I had brought to her house a few years back, so I thought I would come on and post it, even though I haven't made it in quite awhile and don't have any pictures to go on with it just yet. Enjoy.

1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C oil
1 C buttermilk
2 tbsp. molasses
1 1/2 C natural bran
2/3 C flour
1/2 C wheat germ
1/4 C sesame seeds
1/4 C flax seeds
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C raisins

1. Preheat over to 400 degrees Farenheit. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, egg and molasses in large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.

2. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.

Makes 12 muffins.


Note: Whether or not you grind the flax seeds is up to you, but you will only get their health benefits if they are ground.


No comments: