Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ground Beef Stroganoff

I originally got this recipe from my dad, and though it's good, I haven't made it in quite awhile. I had given it to my friend Brandi awhile back and she made it the other day, which reminded me of it. So I made a batch to stick in the freezer for post-baby days. You can then just add it to freshly cooked noodles or potatoes. I probably should have doubled it to have more leftover. But anyhow...

1 tbsp. cooking oil (I leave this out)
1 C chopped onion
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 tbsp. flour (I use whole-wheat)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
canned sliced mushrooms, with liquid (10 oz.)
condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 oz.)
1 C non-fat sour cream



1. Heat oil in frying pan. Add onion and ground beef. Fry until onion is soft and no pink remains in beef.

2. Mix in flour, garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper.

3. Add mushrooms with liquid and soup, stirring until boiling and thickened. Stir in sour cream.

Makes 4 cups.

I usually serve it over mashed potatoes or whole-wheat noodles.

No comments: