Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Melting Moments

It seems to me a bit crazy to post a recipe that I don't actually like. But here I go... My mom has made these cookies for us every year at Christmas for as long as I can remember. And I really don't like them. Though she also always makes shortbread, which I love, so she's still in my good books ;) I'm not sure if I liked them as a kid or not, but I can't remember ever liking them. I particularly don't like the candied cherries on top. My sister suggested substituting them with a Hershey's kiss this year. So I tried a little broken bit of the cookie in the tin and... no go...

But they are a huge family favourite and everyone else in my family both loves and devours them. So I figured that I should post them on here anyhow. I can't take credit for making the batch from the photo - that was my mom.

3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C softened butter
1 egg
1 3/4 C flour
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
red and green candied cherries




1. Add butter to sugar. Add unbeaten egg. Beat until light.

2. Add vanilla and mix.

3. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients.

4. Drop by spoonfuls. Place 1/2 of a candied cherry on top of each cookie (or a Hershey's kiss).

5. Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees Farenheit.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Love these!!

Lynda said...

Me too! My grandmother used to make them.

Ashley said...

Me three!