Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

Wow... I'm starting to really suck at blogging... As Logan gets progressively busier and busier, it's getting much harder to just plop him on the floor and do whatever I want for a little while. Though he figured out how to move backwards awhile ago, he's only recently figured out how to scoot around forwards as well. Which, unfortunately (well, maybe not for him!) gives him much more speed! He can now climb up the step on the fireplace and almost have his hand in the flames before I have a second to do anything. Hence the lull in my blogging. Because it also means that I haven't been cooking anything new or interesting these days.

This cauliflower is simple and delicious.  I've never actually added the fresh coriander or chives, though I'm sure it makes it that much better. 




1 head cauliflower (about 3 lbs.)
olive oil
curry powder
salt

1Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.  Spread evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.  Spray with a bit of olive oil (I use a Misto sprayer that we have filled with olive oil). 

2.  Sprinkle the cauliflower generously with curry powder and with a bit of salt.

3.  Roast in the oven at 400 degrees Farenheit until tender and browned, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and chives.

Makes 4 servings.

Although 4 servings from a whole head of cauliflower doesn't seem like a lot, the cauliflower really does lose quite a bit of volume when roasted like this and I find that we really do only get 4 servings out of this. Which I guess means it's a good way to eat more veggies than you could normally fit in your stomach :)

No comments: