Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicken Burgers with Peanut Sauce

Yes... I am still on my peanut butter kick. I had also wanted to make a kale/peanut butter/chickpea recipe that I have (that sounds gross but isn't), but the grocery store was out of kale, so I'll have to wait until next week. Sorry Ash... I know that you're on a cooking binge and can't make any of these.

I didn't actually read the directions for the burgers until typing them out just now, so I didn't process everything in the food processor, but just mixed them all together. And that worked just fine too. Also, I got 5 burgers from the recipe, so I guess that I made mine a bit smaller. Which explains why the bun looks so big compared to the burger in my picture, I suppose.

Sauce:
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced

1.  To prepare sauce, combine the above ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth.  Can heat slightly to thicken, if desired (I did this).

Burgers:
1/2 C finely chopped green onions
1 tbsp. chile paste with garlic
2 tsp. grrated peeled fresh ginger
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped (I used extra-lean ground chicken breast)













 



1.  To prepare burgers, place onions and next 5 ingredients (through chicken) in a food processor; process until coarsely ground.  Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch thick patty.

2.  Serve burgers with 1 tbsp. sauce

Makes 4 servings. 

The burgers are freezer-friendly without the sauce once cooked.

No comments: