Thursday, July 28, 2011

Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta

This is another vegetable side dish that I often make.  As with most side dishes I make, it only takes a second.  I tend to freeze main meals as I make them and then pull them out of the freezer for a quick, homemade meal, adding a side veggie and/or grain.  Or in the summer, we often tend to bbq and then just add side dishes to them during the week.  I made this tonight with pork with bbq rub and spinach salad for dinner.

broccoli, cut into pieces
roasted red pepper, cut into pieces
crumbled feta cheese (I use light)

 















I don't usually make my own roasted red peppers (except for certain recipes). For suggestions on where to get them, you can consult my roasted red pepper risotto post.

The recipe couldn't be simpler. You basically just cook the broccoli (I throw it into a veggie steamer for 10-12 minutes).  Chop the roasted red pepper into pieces and then heat slightly in the microwave once the broccoli is ready.  Place roasted red pepper on the broccoli.  Crumble feta over top of the roasted red peppers and it is ready to serve.

No comments: