Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Watermelon Salad

My mom had this salad recently at a potluck and called me right away to give the recipe to me, because she loved it so much.  I made it this past weekend when my family was down.  It's a light, refreshing salad, nice on a hot summer day, such as those forecasted for the next few days. It only takes a few minutes to make, so it's a great recipe to make when entertaining.

watermelon
crumbled feta (I used light)
fresh basil
freshly ground pepper


1.  Using a melon baller, ball 1/4 to 1/2 of a watermelon.

2.  Crumble a handful of feta into the watermelon.

3.  Chop a small handful of the fresh basil finely and add to the salad.  Add only a bit at first, and then adjust for taste. 

4.  Sprinkle the salad with freshly ground pepper.  Mix the salad and then sprinkle with a bit more fresh pepper.

No comments: