Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yogurt, Yogurt, YOGURT!!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a little bit of a yogurt obsession. Have for years... and years... and years. Goes hand in hand with my smoothie obsession.  In fact, one of my very first posts was about making homemade yogurt.

Now, I know what you're thinking. It's perhaps a little bit crazy to write an entire blog post about yogurt.  But if you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that crazy should maybe have been my middle name...

I'm not sure I can even really convey how much I love yogurt.  It also turned out to be one of Logan's early favourite foods.  As I mentioned in this post, for awhile, I had to hide every time I wanted to eat a yogurt when Logan was around just so that he wouldn't eat it all on me.  

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we're now in Paris.  Now, I know that when most people think of French food, they think of things like croissants, wine and cheese. Me?? Yogurt.

That's right.  Yogurt, yogurt and more yogurt. Lemon yogurt, rhubarb yogurt, passion fruit/pineapple yogurt, mango/passion fruit yogurt, dark chocolate yogurt (yes! you read that right), chocolate mint yogurt, vanilla like-we-don't-have-in-Canada yogurt.  And the list goes on. 

Too good... Bonne Maman rhubarb yogurt.
One of my MANY favourites. 

more of a cream dessert than yogurt, but delicious!

can't wait to try these passion fruit/pineapple yogurts

Never mind all of the other yogurt-like products that they sell over here that, for whatever reason, we don't have at home.  Such as fromage blanc/fromage frais, which is similar to quark cheese at home, but comes in all sorts of delicious flavours in France, including whipped varieties, and petits suisses, a richer form of fromage blanc, mostly for kids (who are we kidding here???).  We just picked up some delicious fromage blanc fresh from the farm while visiting Jérôme's grandmother in l'Allier.

The yogurt selection over here opens up a whole new world of yogurt obsession for me. Teresa may well remember this from when she joined us on a trip to Paris, in which she whole-heartedly participated in lengthy discussions in the yogurt aisles, as we tried to decide what to purchase. I've been whispering to my yogurt-loving Logan for weeks now how much he was going to love France, if only for the yogurt.  Even though I'm pretty sure he didn't even get much of what I was saying.  And man, does he love it...

Here's a shot of the loot that we brought home from today's trip to the grocery store alone:



And I was restraining myself!

5 comments:

Jdal said...

I love this, partly b/c I love seeing products from other countries. When I go to Europe, I always check out the grocery stores for treasures.
Loved this post, love yogurt and love your blog Lindsay! I've been feeling like a lurker so I thought I should say hi. Enjoy Paris, it's been 2 years for me since I've been so I'm loving these entries.
-Jaye

Teresa said...

Oh, do I ever remember the yogurt in France. Nothing can really compare! I fell in love with a Fig flavor. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Camille said...

Are You crazy!!!

Food for Thought Linds said...

Thanks Jaye :) I also love checking out grocery stores in new countries. Our suitcase here is already about half full of goodies... We used to once in awhile go down to the States, just to stock up on cool stuff we can't find in Canada.

Ashley said...

Maybe I just need to go to France to like yogurt. Guess I need to plan a trip ;)