Saturday, August 25, 2012

Child-Friendly Dessert: Jelly Smoothy

As you can probably guess from the types of recipes I post, I'm not a huge fan of all things processed.  

However, my husband loves Brazilian jello.  Not the regular Jell-O brand stuff.  But the Brazilian equivalent.  Because it comes in all sorts of tropical flavours like passion fruit, mango, pineapple and coconut.  A good friend of ours, who happens to be Brazilian, always brings some back from Brazil for him every time she goes home to visit.  So we always have a stash of it in our basement pantry for Jérôme's Brazilian jello cravings.

But then we found out that he is diabetic.  So this stuff isn't the best for him.  So it just so happens that it's been sitting in our pantry ever since.


I came across this recipe here and thought that it might be a way to get Logan to eat away this jello stash of ours, while at the same time getting some protein.  I used Greek yogurt so that it would have that much more protein.  Plus, it's what I happened to have in the fridge when I first made this and it worked well ;)

1 package jello (which, you could fly to Brazil to pick up, if you're needing an excuse to travel)
1 C boiling water
2 C plain yogurt
 
1.  Mix together the jello and boiling water and stir until dissolved.

pineapple???


2.  Once cooled a bit, stir in the plain yogurt.  Place in the fridge until set and enjoy. 



I'm sure you could stir some chopped fruit into this before letting it set.  But given Logan's texture issues with foods, I didn't dare!

Difficulty level: easy

 

No comments: